Baked chicken secrets

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Since being married and having to cook every night (while working full time!) I've discovered "shortcut meals". These are things you basically make up and throw together in a matter of minutes because you've had a long day and don't feel like cooking. One of these tricks of the trade is to pour salad dressing on chicken breasts and bake it. We've tried all sorts of different dressings and I've yet to find one that's not good! Ranch and Italian are great, but our absolute favorite is 'Mater Chicken.. I highly recommend this!! Here's the recipe!

'Mater Chicken

Ingredients:
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed)
bottle of Good Seasons "Sun Dried Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper" salad dressing

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Put chicken in baking dish
3. Coat with dressing (use as much or as little as you like!)
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes

Seriously, that's all there is to it and it's absolutely divine! I promise! We usually have several veggies with it and occasionally some mashed taters. Speaking of veggies...another "on the run tip" ....I LOVE those SteamFresh things...you just pop it into the microwave for 5 minutes and voila! Fresh veggies!!

All that said, this is not what we're having tonight :) We're actually having pecan crusted mahi-mahi. I despise fish, but I actually *gasp* like this meal! I'll post the recipe one of these days along with pictures maybe :)

0 comments: