Just a few things that are going on/have been going on/will be going on.....
1. I haven't updated this or especially the 365 blog as much because the wireless on our laptop at home is jacked up so I've been avoiding using the internet. If I want to get online, I have to go into the office and plug it in, which NORMALLY wouldn't be a big deal, but we've already moved the desk and stuff out so I have to sit on the floor and it's highly uncomfortable to sit there for more than 10 minutes! I do have a bunch of pictures to put up so I'll try to get to that soon.
2. WE MOVE IN 7 DAYS. Holy crap. Wait, can crap be holy? Eh, either way, we're moving. We have tons to pack and get done and I'm still in the middle of trying to get Jenn's bridal pictures edited (which I HAVE to get done asap) on top of me trying not to have a nervous breakdown. We are set to close on the 5th and then we're "leasing" the house back from the buyers until the 8th. They're coming to the house on the 4th to do a final walk through. Our realtor said we can be there during that (since we'll be knee deep in boxes.... ok, more like chest deep). I kinda want to since we have the "OK" now. I want to scope them out and make sure they're not devil worshippers or something.
3. Related to #2 - I knew I'd have a hard time with moving and all, but I'm really having an even harder time than I expected. I don't think there's been a day in the last 2 weeks that I haven't cried at least once. I'll be fine once we move (I hope) but right now, it's just SO sad. I can't imagine not having my house!! I told Josh last night that I just want to keep it. And get a new house. Then we can just flit around between houses! He didn't like that idea. Something about money and mortgages. Whatever. I think he just doesn't want to clean cat boxes in TWO houses.
4. While I'm INCREDIBLY beyond measure sad about leaving our house, we're both kinda excited about moving to Arlington for the summer at least. (yes, both of us!) We're going to enjoy being around family, friends, music, etc. Plus, we're looking forward to being able to take the sailboat out on the lake this summer! Woohoo! I've missed my Fruzins and I can't wait to hang out with them all summer :)
5. I was asked to take pictures of my cousin and her date for prom this past weekend. Sarah looked beautiful!! If I can ever get the patience to sit in the office on the hard floor and upload some pictures, I'll share them on here :)
6. Work is the same as always. I'm employed today. Who knows about tomorrow. I tell ya what though, I am very thankful that Josh has a job that is pretty much totally secure. It sure does make it easier to not worry as much! At least only ONE of us has a job that could be gone tomorrow.
7. Belk has awesome sales on totally cute shoes. I'm a shoe whore so this makes me happy.
8. We're trying to come with somewhere to go for our 5 year anniversary in March. Since it's very unlikely we're taking a summer vacation now, I need something to look forward to and plan! We want to go somewhere SUPER rad. Like Jamaica, Paris, Italy, Hawaii or Oklahoma City.
9. I am blessed. Majorly. I have a Lord that loves me and forgives me incessantly despite my continual sin, moments of doubt and unfaithfulness. He reached down to save me and gives me a peace, a joy and a hope that surpasses anything I could ever imagine. I owe Him everything yet have nothing that even begins to repay Him for what He's done for me. I am blessed abundantly in that He is satisfied with just me, loving Him, worshiping Him, adoring Him. Just me, as I am, striving to be like Him and live for Him. Yes, I am blessed. I have grace. I have mercy. I have life everlasting with the ultimate Savior to look forward to. I have an incredible, handsome, patient, kind husband that loves me, I have an awesome family, I have groovy friends, I have a roof over my head, a job, more than enough food to fill my stomach, I have freedom, I have two of the sweetest kitties that can make a bad day seem good (except when they fling litter out of the box as they catapult out) , I have a car that runs perfectly, and I have a diet Dr Pepper. I'd be more blessed if that was a real, full-strength Dr. Pepper that wouldn't go straight to my hips, but I guess we can't get EVERYTHING we want, right?
10. I just felt like this needed a #10. It looked weird ending on #9.
Another boring, pictureless update
Monday, June 1, 2009
Posted by Robin at 6/01/2009 10:11:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We were just thinking about what to do for our five year! We are thinking New York City or Hawaii...but I am not sure.
Good luck with moving and closing! Don't be too sad now!
Post a Comment