Banjo Hero!

Monday, November 2, 2009

I don't understand the phenomenon that is Guitar Hero. Then again, I've never actually played Guitar Hero. It just hasn't interested me. I guess I'd rather sit around and play a real guitar. A real, marketable skill

That said... I think there is a veritable market for a variation of the game called....

BANJO HERO!

See, the difference is that playing a banjo really isn't a marketable skill so therefore, it doesn't matter if you play a real one or a plastic one. Besides, let's be honest, either one will get the dogs howling and any human within earshot calling the cops on you in a matter of minutes.

The object of the game, of course, would be to get better and better (Or do I mean worse and worse? We ARE talking about the banjo here) As you progressed through the levels, your character would lose more and more teeth and his appearance would grow increasingly more.... hillbilly.

Then, WHAM!! before you know it, you're sitting on a rickety old porch, toothless, barefoot, holes in your overalls, a piece of straw sticking out of your mouth, and your scraggly dog Jethro sitting at your feet, having mastered the game Banjo Hero.

There could even be accompaniment instruments you could buy to go along with it such as the Washboard, Washtub Bass, Jug, Spoons, Bones, and for the especially enthusiastic, the musical Saw (watch your fingers, kids!).

I definitely think there is a market for this game! It would be THE hot item at Best Buy the day after Thanksgiving (at least in Arkansas). I know I'd buy it. Or burn it. Um.. one of the two.

0 comments: