I hath sinned

Monday, November 24, 2008

I have sinned. I have done the unthinkable and have betrayed my loyalty and honor to the humble turkey. Yes, I admit it. *hanging head in shame* What could I possibly have done, you wonder?


I officially put a Christmas playlist on my iPod. And even worse... I listened to it!
What's so wrong with that, you wonder? Well, just like any sane person, I love Christmas and I adore Christmas music, but I have always held it off until the day after Thanksgiving so as to respect the turkey. I do not put a single ornament, reindeer, or holly leaf up in my home until after my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving. I also do not listen to Christmas music prior to midnight on Thanksgiving night. I've always been quite adamant about it. Since Christmas throws up in all the retail stores around August, I feel it's my duty to keep Thanksgiving as it's own holiday instead just passing over it on the way to Christmas. I feel like Thanksgiving gets cheated if I break the rule. Yes, I'm weird, but that's just how it is. It's how it's ALWAYS been.

I've held up just fine for almost 28 years doing this. Until now.

This day, November 24th, 2008, I broke the unspoken, sacred rule. I couldn't help it! Casting Crowns has come out with a Christmas Album and I just couldn't resist. I had planned to wait until November 28th to bust it out, but I broke. Trans-Siberian! Josh Groban! Casting Crowns! Charlie Brown! Frank Sinatra! They all called my name. Loud and audibly. Don't you see? it was a Christmas conspiracy! I just had to give in...
And, as if THAT wasn't bad enough, my dear friend Deren forced me and Josh watch a Christmas movie last week with her and her husband, Adam. Ok, I admit, she didn't have to twist my arm too hard... or at all... but she brought me chocolate pie so I was in a moment of weakness! She cheated! That doesn't count!
I'm sorry Mr. Gobbler. I promise to at least not decorate until Friday!



0 comments: