Nothing much has changed, but we did get some good feedback on a showing we had Saturday morning! The realtor said that her clients thought it was a beautiful house and that it was one of their favorites. Good news! Hopefully, it'll continue to be their favorite and they'll end up offering on it. Only time will tell. And frankly, I'm not in a big hurry, so it's cool.
I've actually been pretty stressed with the whole house thing lately and it's unfortunately been consuming me... Gotta keep the house clean. Gotta scoop the litter box again. Gotta get those weeds pulled. What if it doesn't sell? What if it DOES sell? What can we afford? Where should we look? What do the next few years look like? Am I too picky? (ok, I KNOW the answer to that one is a big, fat YES) Oh my gosh, it's been overwhelming me. I'm trying to just let it go, but it's difficult because I'm kind of an "in charge" kinda gal and I don't like letting go of control. At all. Ask anyone who knows me well and they'll unanimously agree I'm sure.
Don't misunderstand, I am very excited about the prospect of moving and being close to people again! It's just overwhelming. There are so many "what-ifs". I love our little town. I really do. Everything about it. In fact, if I could, I would just take the square mile or two that our house sits on and transplant it to the other side of town. Alas, I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Still working on that faith that moves mountains (or acreage in Saginaw) thing...
Regardless of the eventual outcome, I know we're doing the right thing. I miss being close to friends and family. Like, REALLY miss it. I hate feeling like the outsider in everything because of where we live. Moving will hopefully help fix that! I also really hate the lack in social life. I love to have people over, and go do stuff, and be around people, but since we live halfway to North Dakota, it's difficult. I always feel guilty asking people to come out to our house because of the distance. I shouldn't, but I do.
I am also just having a really difficult time with the thought of someone else living in MY house. Relaxing in MY living room, cooking in MY kitchen, eating in MY dining room, peeing on MY toilet... Probably somewhat normal, but I've never had to say "goodbye" to a house before. My parents still live in the only house I ever lived in as a kid. My grandma still owns her only house I've ever known (she moved to MO, but my uncle lives there, so it's still in the family). My Nana still live in the house my dad grew up in. See?? All my homey memories are still accessible!
While I really do want our house to sell, I get very emotional when thinking about it for too long. This was our first home together! We built it and chose everything in it. What if the next people don't take as good care of it?! (Don't think for a second that I wouldn't anonymously report them to the HOA if I got wind of it, because I totally would...)
I know the time will eventually come, and I will be fine. I'll be excited about moving into a new house and starting new memories there. So for now, I'm hoping that our house will stay at the top of those lookers' list and that we'll get an offer before long!
Home update and some ponderings
Monday, April 6, 2009
Posted by Robin at 4/06/2009 03:21:00 PM
Labels: House
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment