It's almost official... The chick who put an offer in on our house finally accepted our counter. I can't believe we've only been on the market about 2 months and the house, our HOME, is already selling! Wow. We signed the contract today and she's having an inspection done on Monday. We're still showing the house until then, in hopes of that million dollar offer still coming in, but otherwise, we're pretty set. I can't even begin to describe the multitude of emotions I'm dealing with right now, so I won't. I'll spare you all of that torture!
Anyway, now we're on the hunt for tons of moving boxes (if anyone has any that they'd like to give away, we'll GLADLY take them!). We'll start boxing stuff up and then begin the mad dash search for storage. I need to find a pretty inexpensive, yet totally safe place to store our junk for several months. That's a task in and of itself. Oh well, we'll figure out something. Right now, the tentative close date is June 5th, then we'll lease it for 3 days until the 8th to get moved. Yikes. That's like.... 3 weeks. What the heck did we just get ourselves into?!
We're going out Sunday afternoon after church to look at a bunch of homes. The plan right now is to keep just semi-looking like we've been doing for awhile. Honestly, we're basically just trying to get a feel for neighborhoods and see where we might want to end up. If something fabulous come along, of course we'll jump on it, but we're planning on living with my parents for several months to build up a nice down payment so we're not seriously looking right now. That should be interesting! Hopefully while living there, I'll get to pick back up the guitar and various other instruments. Josh wants to learn to play mandolin or something else fun, so hopefully we can accomplish that! (for those who don't know, my parents house is Music Central. Seriously) That, I am soooo looking forward to! I miss the music get togethers at my folks house! Living in Saginaw made it awfully hard to go to them all the time!
In the meantime, I'm sitting here bored, having exhausted the search function on realtor.com. It sucks that I have all this free time, but I can't really utilize it doing stuff I need to do!! I have hundreds of photos to edit from Jenn's bridals the other day, I need to start packing and making phone calls, I need to run errands, I am in the midst of planning a bridal shower with my mom for my cousin... Work is such a waste of time sometimes ;) It gets in the way of actually getting stuff done!!
So I've moved on to looking at floor plans! I am majorly in love with this one:
Here's the bottom floor floor plan to illustrate why I am completely enamored with it... see that porch? See how it wraps almost completely all the way around? Yeah. L.O.V.E.
I also really like these:
I realize they all look very similar. What can I say? I like a certain style!
Alas, these homes will have to stay in my dreams. Unfortunately, most available lots in DFW with a reasonable price tag on them aren't wide enough to fit one of these beauties. I've not given up hope just yet, but most likely, I'll have to save this dream for retirement. If not then.... I wonder if the mansions in Heaven have gorgeous porches like this??





1 comments:
Congrats!!! Your house went quick because it is soo cute! You are going to have a fun few weeks:)
Post a Comment