I have completely fried my brain trying to figure out this vacation stuff. If I didn't need a vacation before, I DEFINITELY need one now!! And we still haven't figured it out. AHHHH!!! I have been tirelessly putting itineraries and prices together and still coming up with a "not sure" vote from me and Josh both.
Here are the options so far:
Orlando
We'd fly in and drive home (Hertz has an awesome deal right now where if you drive a car out of FL and start the trip by June 30, it's only $24.99 for the entire WEEK!) We'd do Disney for 2 or 3 days, go to the beach for a day, maybe go to NASA. Busy, fun stuff.
Road trip through Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado
On the route I have planned out, we'd go to White Sands Nat'l Monument, the Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, and Mesa Verde. It'd be fun, but LOTS of driving... and we probably wouldn't go until August, so it'd be way too hot to camp! (That picture is of the new Skywalk thing at the Grand Canyon... I really highly doubt I will walk on that thing if we go there. Um, scary-much!?)
California
Fly into LA or San Diego then rent a car and drive up the coast to the Redwoods then fly out of San Fran I've ALWAYS wanted to do this, but it could get really pricey between renting the car, flights, and all the awesome stops on the way up. Plus, Josh hasn't been to Cali so it could be really fun! ANDDDD I'd probably get to see one of my college roommates again so that totally adds "cool points" to this option!
Arkansas/Tennessee
One of these. Not sure which or where though. It's close, so it'd probably be cheap. That's why they're on the list. Maybe Hot Springs, or Gatlinburg Tenn. I haven't really thought this one through yet! I just keep thinking I'd be bored. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Hawaii
Yeah, this is a long shot and pretty much way out of the question, but I keep trying to convince Josh that we can fly to Hawaii then camp the entire time. It's only $5 a night to camp at their state parks!!! How freaking awesome would that be!??! And we have a small tent so we could totally pack it in our luggage! I'm still pulling for this one, but I'm fairly certain it's being overruled :) We'd probably have to swim to Hawaii in order to afford getting over there!
Maine
I haven't even looked this one up yet, but I think it'd be fun to fly up and drive around the coast up there. I've been to Maine once and it was gorgeous and I'd love to go back!
Chicago
Also haven't thought much about this one yet. Is there really THAT much to do in Chicago?! It seems like a better weekend trip than a week long trip. Am I wrong? This seems like another option where I might get bored.
Long Beach Island, NJ
Ahhh Long Beach Island, how I love you. If we go this year, we'd likely drive up. I used to drive up as a kid and I'd love to do it again. Ok, technically I didn't do the driving, my dad did, but I was there. Anyway, we created so many awesome memories on those trips! I'm dying to do it again. It's tough when you're a grown up with a regular job and can only take 1 week off at a time though. (My parents were both teachers so we'd easily be gone for an entire month or two in the summer... it was the BEST) So this is maybe an option, but we went their last year. While I could totally go there every single year, I don't think Josh really wants to go again this year!
Those are pretty much our options. Anyone have any recommendations for any of them? Or somewhere else? We just want to get outta town! I'm just so tired of thinking about it! I'm starting to confuse my Travelocity prices with my Priceline prices with my Kayak prices with my... oh you get the point. Everything is starting to run together. I just want to do them all, but sadly, neither of our jobs will let us take off work for a couple months. Darn.








3 comments:
Umm I know you've been raised in TX, but in NM, Arizona and Colorado.. August IS NOT TOO HOT TO CAMP!! It's a dry climate, dude, especially CO. it will cool off at night and be a little chilly in the am. Just sleep on top of the bags in a t-shirt and shorts and you're good.
Those would be my pick but I grew up in the Rockies so maybe I'm a little partial.
Oh and HI....definetley humid at night, so no camping there ;-)
Yeah, I know Colorado and parts of NM would be ok.. I can't even count the times I've camped there in the summer! It's just Arizona I'm worried about! Oh well, we'll figure it out!
I vote San Diego. We went over Spring Break and loved it!!! It is so nice and plenty to do!
Post a Comment