On Tuesday night, Josh and I were able to go see Tommy Emmanuel perform at Bass Hall. Love him! I've seen him several times at Winfield before and it never ceases to amaze me what that man can do with a guitar. The show Tuesday night was just as good as Winfield (except I couldn't walk up to the stage during his set and I didn't have to smell dirty hippies who hadn't showered in 5 days!) Rick Price opened for him and did a phenomenal job as well.
Here are some videos I pulled off Youtube for anyone who hasn't ever seen him before!
This one is very bizzare, but very awesome. Honestly, the video doesn't do it justice. Live, it's even more incredible
Here are a few pictures from the night:
Josh and I getting ready to go in
Excuse the stupid look on my face
Inside the hall. We'd bought cheap seats up on the 3rd level, but got to sit in the orchestra section. Woohoo!
The ceiling.
I totally broke the rules and took a very crappy cell phone picture of Tommy Emmanuel and Rick Price performing at the end. Shhh..
Tommy Emmanuel
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Posted by Robin at 8/26/2009 11:32:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so how did you manage to buy the cheap seats and still sit in the royal seats? Let me in on your secret
The show wasn't sold out so after we hiked up all the stairs, the usher told us we could go down and sit there if we wanted to. They were great seats!
Post a Comment