Positive Schmositive

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I talked to my mom last night and after reading the Admin Notes from yesterday, she said I need to be more positive. Just like a mother!

My mom is just about the nicest person you'll ever meet. I think I've only heard her say 1 negative thing about someone in my whole life (and that was only a general "I'm so sick of stupid people" comment!) . It's awesome, but it drives me nuts! Sometimes I just want to be a Negative Nancy and not a Positive Polly. So I promptly told her that when she sat at a desk for 9+ hours a day and did absolutely nothing, then she could tell me to be more positive! Plus, I had to remind her that the Notes are ONLY negative stuff. Sure, there are a few good things that happen occasionally at work (key word is "occasionally"), but seriously, who wants to read about the manager that actually said "Thank you" to me for ordering them a cell phone? Not as fun.

So, I'm going to try to be more positive...

1. I'm POSITIVE today is going to be a bad day (credit for this one goes to Grandma!!)
2. I'm POSITIVE I work with a bunch of whiners and moaners
3. I'm POSITIVE that my boss will be nonexistent this week
4. I'm POSITIVE that I will spend my entire day playing solitaire again.
5. I'm POSITIVE that someone will make me want to pull my hair out today.

How's that, Mother?? :) You drive me nuts sometimes, but I love you and I think I have the BEST mom in the world.

- Positive Polly

0 comments: