Life has been just crazy lately. I've basically been sick since Christmas. I got a really nasty cold from my darling sister for Christmas and was sick until after the new year. Finally I started feeling mostly better, except for a nagging cough that I couldn't kick. Then... I got sick AGAIN. I'm still a little congested and, of course, still coughing, but I think I'm past the worst!
Despite that, we've been going non-stop since Christmas it seems. Josh's mom is still in the hospital, but is showing a LOT of improvement. We went up there last night and she was talking and could move her arms a little. Thank you all SO MUCH for the prayers! Tomorrow will mark exactly 3 weeks since this whole crazy thing started. We're hopeful that she'll make a complete recovery and be home SOON!
On top of all that stress, my cousins' grandfather (no relation to me) passed away. They came in from North Carolina and Kiev, Ukraine for the funeral. To help out, my mom, Josh, and I watched their kids while they tended to the family matters. Talk about a wild time! We were so grateful to get to spend time with my cousins and their kids though and were so glad to be able to help out as they grieved.
Last weekend, we headed down to Houston for the night to see Ashlee and Tyler get married! Ashlee is one of my sister's friends from college, however, see... my parents basically run a dorm from their home. Ok, not really, but ever since I moved out, they've had one or two extras living there. First it was my Bobby Duke, who is a friend of my brother, and then Ashlee moved in too. This is on top of my brother and sister who also live there! Bobby has since moved out and now that Ashlee is married, she's out. Daniel is getting married in April so that will just leave my sister.... who is thinking about going away to grad school. My parents won't know what to do with themselves in an empty house!! I think they're going to find someone else to live there though, which is cool. It's a great ministry, in my opinion, and it saves poor college kids a lot of money! (yeah, they're too nice to charge any rent.. at least at this point!) So the point of that huge long paragraph I guess was to explain how we know Ashlee! Anyway, it was a beautiful wedding and we are so happy for them!!
Let's see what else is going on.... Umm... Not much I guess. We've been doing some house hunting/land hunting in all our "spare" time. HA. Spare time.. I wish! But seriously, we have started to kind of look around and see what's out there. We love where we live, we really do! But everyone we know lives on the other side of FW. Basically it's come down to do we stay in the area we love, but be far away from everyone we hang out with/everywhere we go or do we move to an area we can hopefully come to love and be close to everyone we love? Hmm... toughie! We're not planning on moving just yet, but it's fun to start looking around! I have always loved looking!
I guess that's about it. I just felt like I needed to explain my lack of posts lately :)
Life
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Posted by Robin at 1/29/2009 02:22:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Looking for a great 3/2/2 with a pool? I know of one! Come one, y'all would be the life of Union with your pool! ;-) I know for sure that the Linger's would be here every other weekend at least!
Post a Comment