Stupid dogs

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I think I've written about this before, but we've had issues with one of our neighbors basically since we moved in. More specifically, issues with his dogs. He has two, a lab and a pitt mix. The lab isn't really an issue, but we've been scared of the pitt forever. He's mean and seems very aggressive, even though the neighbor says otherwise.

Anyway, on several occasions, these dogs have gotten into our back yard. The first time was a couple years ago. They dug huge holes under the fence. We remedied this by lining the fence with railroad ties, 2 deep. You can see in the picture below the top one. There is another tie buried beneath it. That was our first fix, and it worked for a little while.

A couple weeks ago, they got through to our yard AGAIN. This time, through a hole in the fence. We called the cops and they helped us stack a bunch of firewood in front of the hole until we could reach the nerd next door to fix it. (He's IMPOSSIBLE to catch)

A week after that, the dogs knocked through the wood and were back. We called the cops and they came out AGAIN (in number... it's pretty boring around here I guess and they don't have much else to do at midnight! it was funny and the cops here are SUPER nice) Anyhow, animal control came out too and tried to corral the dogs. He finally gave up because it was about 20 degrees out that night and was freezing. We nailed up some plywood to keep them out.

That worked until last night.. they've now broken a second hole!! We called the police station again and they said that they'd see if they could get animal control to come out. In the meantime, we finally managed to catch the dork next door and tell him to do something about it right away. Thankfully, Josh said the guy was very apologetic and said he was going to install an electric fence the next day (today). Josh offered to go halfsies on the fence repair and he said no, he'd take care of it. Great! Except that it's now a day later and the fence is still in shambles and the dogs are still running free. The hole is even bigger than it was yesterday. So annoying.

I hate being "that" neighbor who is always complaining, but we're so frustrated! And I feel bad for the dogs anyway! They have ZERO human interaction and are outside 24/7 with no shelter. It's sad. They're not taken care of. Heck, according to Josh, the guys house REEKED of feces when the dude opened the door so he obviously doesn't take care of himself either! I hope that doesn't affect us whenever we decide to move someday!

Anyway, here's a couple pictures to go with my really long story. I think I took a nutshell story and make it a novel. Ah well.

The fence last night. You can see the knocked over wood from the first break-in, the plywood from the 2nd, and the new hole.



The hole tonight. Ugh. So ugly!

1 comments:

Elicia said...

I heart you Robin, thanks for your comment. I KNOW you KNOW! ;)

Also, can't believe I'm finally seeing a pic of what the destructo dogs have lead to....that is crazy!