I am a terrible blogger so apologies to the 4-5 people who actually read this silly little blog (and who likely already know most or all of this!). Here's a quick rundown of what's been going on with us lately.
1. We moved!! The house is incredible and we're loving it! We've almost got things put away, but pretty much every room still needs work. We haven't hung any pictures yet. I can't wait to get that done so it really starts to look like home! Hopefully next week we can get to that! The 'hood is great, our neighbors are great, the space is great! I need to get some pictures up, but honestly, I just haven't had a chance. Hopefully soon! Come on by!
2. This weekend is the Dulcimer Festival in G.R. Can't wait!! The weather has been gorgeous and we've been dying to go camping. We're looking forward to relaxing by the river, hanging out with family and friends, and listening to great music. We'll probably only be camping one night this year though which is a first for me.. I've NEVER in my entire life missed a night. It's for a good cause though because.....
3. We're going to the Pregnancy Lifeline gala on Saturday! I'm totally stoked about it. God has been laying a possible ministry idea on my heart and I want to find out more about this organization and see if it might be a good partner. I really have no idea how I would begin this ministry idea, but literally a few days after He brought it to my attention, this opportunity came up. Voila. We'll see.
4. I'm considering breaking up with Facebook for a variety of reasons. I'm struggling with that though because it's such an easy, convenient way to keep up with family and friends overseas. It's just turned into such an annoyance though. It's almost like a popularity contest and it's so "ME ME ME" driven. I'm just as guilty as anyone, but regardless, I'm considering pulling the plug. Strange timing since Josh JUST joined too. Ha! I kinda want to bring back the old fashioned letter writing era. I used to write letters like CRAZY and I really miss that. Modern conveniences like FB, email, and phones that can call anywhere for nothing, have almost put letters into extinction.
5. I still am employed. Things are ever changing up here, but they haven't told me to stop coming yet. I'm working for someone now that is a lot better, which is good. I'm actually keeping fairly busy. And the crazy people have stopped being so crazy all the time. Granted, there are still days here that make me want to scream, but things have quieted down. Or maybe I'm just so used to it that I've given up caring how much I dislike it.
6. We're debating going to Jersey this summer. We'd really like to, but we're not sure if we can swing it because we're going to California in November for a wedding. I'm not sure if I can wait until then because I NEED to get away... We shall see. If we go to Jersey, it'd probably be in July or August.
7. I am very sad that 24 is ending soon. What will the world do without Jack on Monday nights?! Oh yeah... probably go out and live life instead of rotting on the couch. And I speak as much to myself as anyone! I'll miss 24, but it'll be nice to not have to give an hour or two up every week. I'm not giving up Chuck though. Nope. Sorry. Not unless Jesus calls me to and right now, I don't think He is.
8. Josh is still busy with his studying through Liberty. He seems to really be enjoying his classes. I'm very proud of him! He has way more discipline than I ever did in school. He comes home and studies every night, never complains, aces his tests and quizzes, and is just doing a great job!
9. I just realized that it's already May 3 and we haven't had a single tornado warning. Dude. Where am I?! Not that I am complaining! ** before I could finish this post, the wind started fiercely blowing as a storm is apparently blowing in. I don't think it's tornado-worthy though!**
10. We got a new car! I love it! It's a Honda Accord Crosstour. I NEVER thought I'd own a foreign car, but here I am, driving a Honda. It's super awesome though. We really loved our Jeep, but it had been acting up lately and we were afraid it was going to have something major go wrong with it. So, we decided to trade it before it was too late! We ended up leasing the Crosstour which is a first for me too. I've always been leery of leasing because of all the horror stories out there. But it just made sense for us right now. I have a habit of wanting to trade my car every 3-4 years anyway, so it just made sense to have a smaller payment and the option to trade in 3 years! We'll see how it goes. Either way, I am loving the new car! So fun to drive!
And lastly, 11. My wonderful in-laws got us the Word of Promise set for Christmas this past year. I've been keeping it in my car for the last few months and listening to the CDs. So far, I've made it through Matthew, Mark, John, and I just started Luke. I have been in a major funk and felt like I needed to start fresh at the heart of Christianity. It's been AMAZING. I really can't put it into words. I have always had a habit of putting in a CD and forgetting to change it for weeks, sometimes months, so I've been listening to the gospels over and over and over and over. Just pounding it into my head. It's really been incredible. I want to move on to other parts of the Bible, but I just don't feel like I'm ready to yet. I just want to keep chewing on the Gospels. Every time I listen, I catch something new. Anyway, if you are looking for a great audio set, check it out here. It's read like a play in a sense in that different actors play the voices. There are sound effects and it just really grabs you. Check it out.
I think that's basically it in a nutshell!
A Smattering
Monday, May 3, 2010
Posted by Robin at 5/03/2010 02:17:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've thought of abandoning Facebook, too. But I don't think I can completely... mostly for reasons of pictures and keeping up with people that I wouldn't otherwise be able to reach. But I think I shall formulate a plan to cut back. Care to join me? We can keep each other accountable and not waste our lives stalking people unnecessarily. I'm thinking either allowing myself only like 30 minutes a day, or else I will designate one or two days when I can spend some time online.
undroloa... that's the verification word. haha. i love those words.
Post a Comment