Thanksgiving in review

Monday, December 1, 2008

Josh and I had a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving this year. My family went to Austin for the holiday and his parent's went to Plainview. We (or rather, I) didn't want to travel because I hate traveling for the holidays so it was just us! We had a HUGE feast! We had a 10 lb turkey, an 8 lb ham and a bunch of sides... just for the two of us! Needless to say, we have a ton of leftovers. Still. That was the smallest turkey and ham I could find! I decided to try brining the turkey this year using Alton Brown's Roasted Turkey recipe and it came out very yummy if I do say so myself!


All that food (plus the ham in the oven) for two people!


My turkey!


We ate and then just hung out all day. Mostly watching football. Or rather, Josh watched football and I just hung out. Fun stuff. We went to bed around 11:00 PM then got up at 12:3o so we could get in line at Best Buy at 1:00 AM. It was cold. It was raining. But it was mostly fun. The only really sucky part was the jerks who cut in line in front of us. It just about made our blood boil. When we got in line, we were just on the other side of an overhang. While it was raining, the people coming in line after us didn't want to stand in the rain (boohooo...wimps) so they decided to stand under the overhang. No big deal except that when it stopped raining, they STAYED in line in front of us rather than coming back to their rightful spot in line, behind us. Soooo not cool. Luckily, we still got tickets for the items we needed to get, but if we hadn't, we (I) would have pitched a fit. Believe me!

We ended up getting everything we went for which was great! We bought a bunch of stuff for Josh's parents since they can't do the whole early morning Black Friday thing plus a few things for ourselves. Christmas came early!


The line at 1:00 am. The overhang above is where everyone was sneaking in line. We were just to the right of this photo, just outside the overhang.



Blurry picture of Josh and our set up (plus umbrellas!)


Terrible picture of us.



Blurry, but this is a pic around 3:30 AM, once the line started condensing.

While they were gone, my parents left their dog with us so that was fun. Chuckie was my dog growing up so it was nice to hang with my homedog for a few days. When I was living at home, I was always the one to give Chuck his haircuts, much to my parent's chagrin. He always ended up with his name shaved into his back, or a Mohawk, or tufts of hair sporadically (yet strategically placed) all over his body. This time was no different! Here's a before picture:


Poor Chuckles doesn't know what's about to happen to him!

And the after:




Ain't he handsome? It's the chili bowl look for dogs. He looks like a young pup now! If he could see better and walk better, he'd have been out there lookin' for a hot french poodle to canoodle with.

The cats were SO curious. I was impressed with how good they did! Oliver had never been around a dog before so we had a super puffy, fluffed up cat for awhile. He was hilarious! I never got a good picture of him all puffed up with his back arched, but you can still see the fluffy tail in this pic:








Oliver got really brave. I was impressed!

Hope everyone had a marvelous Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Brenda Liniger said...

What a great dog hair cutter you are,,,I will have to remember that in the future if we ever get Benjamin a pooch for a friend.

Elicia said...

I love the kitty checking out the pup. So cute!