Are we really thinking about this?!

Monday, February 9, 2009

For the last few weeks, I've spending some time perusing the online real estate guides. Just seeing what's out there. Don't get me wrong, we absolutely LOVE our area... everything about it! We love our house, we love our neighborhood, we love our little town. Absolutely adore everything about it. But, our church, work, friends, and our family is at least a 30 minute drive from us. At first it wasn't too bad for awhile but it's starting to get old. I hate being far away from everyone and I hate being left out of stuff because we're too far away. It's hard to do last minute things. *AHEM FAMILY* ;)


Plus, I just flat out miss being close to my parents. I'm a daddy's/mommy's girl. I've always liked to be close. I moved out to go to college (which was a whopping 20 minutes away) then moved back home. I didn't really leave again until Josh and I got married (minus a short few months stay in an apt...bad experience!!) The area we're looking in wouldn't be much closer to them, but it's closer to other family so that's at least a start! Plus, with traffic, it'd probably be easier to get to this area than our current spot.

I almost tear up just thinking about leaving our area, but it just doesn't make sense to stay way out here. So, I've just been looking to see what's out there. Not really seriously looking, but still looking. We've been going back and forth on whether we'd like to buy an existing home, build a new one (we built our current home) or find some land and build our own "dream home". I'm discovering that it's hard to find a good plot of land in the area we're looking though!

We weren't really seriously looking but then I found the CUTEST house online last night. After much deliberation, I think we're really starting to entertain the idea. We're going to look at the house tonight, just to check it out. If all goes well, who knows.. we might put our house up! It's scary, sad, and totally exciting all at the same time! So, pray for us! That we'll make the right decision, be smart about everything and that we'll be put in the right spot!

1 comments:

Brenda Liniger said...

Oh Robin that is sooo very exciting, we would love to have you closer but I will pray for a confident decision on your part whether it to be to go or stay.