If I were a volcano, I'd be erupting

Thursday, February 5, 2009




I'm having some issues with the minor accident I had back in November and I am thoroughly ticked off about it. I'll try to keep this blog post PG rated though on the inside, I'm a seething R rating right now.
I don't understand why some people are such scum-suckers. The woman is claiming over $1000 worth of damages to her car which is just a bunch of hooey because there wasn't even paint chipped off my car. She drives an old hunk-o-junk so basically she's just having ME pay for her crappy car. I was only going about 5 MPH and her car didn't even bump forward a full 12 inches. It is flat out not possible to have that kind of damage with the type of accident we had.
But, the story doesn't end there.
I got a call yesterday from my insurance adjuster saying that she has retained an attorney and is claiming injuries! WHAT THE FREAKING HECK?!? I'm sorry, but that is crap. There is NO way she sustained any injuries from that impact. She probably hurt her back carrying some stolen goods out of a home or some crap and now is blaming it on me. There is absolutely no way that I caused her any injury. No possible way! Yes, I am being judgemental, but ya know, there are just some people that you can "tell" are going to be trouble by the way they present themselves to you. The minute I talked to her and saw the mysteriously silent, big, scary man get out of their hunk-o-junk, I knew it was going to suck.
So now my insurance will go present an offer to her attorney and if he accepts it, great. If not (which my agent said is very likely because that's how these people are) they will file suit against me. The best part is, if they do the latter, I will get served which sure as HECK better not happen at work because quite frankly, the Admin does NOT need that up here right now. I have enough ridiculousness (is that a word?) to deal with here.
I'm just so angry about the whole situation. It's unfair and just wrong. It makes me furious that people can be so low. I'm sorry she drives a piece of crap, but it's not my fault and I didn't damage it! I checked out both cars at the scene and both were fine and have pictures of mine to prove it! If the accident had been any worse, I wouldn't be this upset about it, but what she's claiming isn't even remotely feasible. I guess I am naive and have too much faith in people. It makes me sad. But I'm still more mad than sad. Yep, definitely more mad.
Maybe she's just getting even for having to go through life with the same name as a hairspray... Oh yeah... for real...




2 comments:

Brenda Liniger said...

Wait a minute,,,her name is Aqua Net....what the heck is that?

Robin said...

Yes, her name is Aquanette. Probably what her mom had been sniffing because you gotta be high to give your kid a name like that!