I QUIT!!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Not really. I only wish. I'm just having one of those days. My Monday has apparently been extended to Tuesday as well and quite frankly, I'm ready to start punching myself in the face.

I really don't mind my job most of the time. Sure, it's far from ideal, but it pays the bills and, for the most part, it's easy. I have great benefits, lots of flexibility, ample time to blog, and let's not forget all the "inspiration" for my Notes posts.

The one major headache I have is arranging travel and expense reports. Now, before the re-org, back when my original boss was here, I didn't mind it at all. She was very easy to take care of. She told me what she needed, gave me all her documentation, and rarely caused any problems. Even when there was a minor blip, it was practically effortless to take care of.

Then the re-org happened.

I am now sort of supporting-but-not-really someone new. (It's complicated...she's not my boss or anything close to it.) She's very nice and all, but arranging her travel is a nightmare and handling her expense reports is... well... about the equivalent of having your fingernails slowly pulled off, one by one. Not that I would know because thankfully, all of my fingernails are still intact. But it sounds pretty darn bad.

She doesn't give me all of her receipts, doesn't tell me about cash expenses, and changes her flights without telling me. I can't expense all the costs associated with that unless I know she did it! Last time I checked, mind reading was not one of my superhuman powers.

And let's not even get into asking me to schedule specific flights/times/seats/hotels less than a week before she travels. Yeah, some things are just not possible!

I dealt with this headache all day yesterday and with the arrival of one simple email, it turned into a migraine. If I could beat my head on the desk without drawing too much attention to myself, I probably would. But since I have no walls and zero privacy, that is not going to happen. Plus, I don't really want the big purple bruise that I'd get. That would incite way too many inquiries as to how I obtained said bruise and I already deal with too many ridiculous questions. That would only make me want to bang my head even more.

So instead, I have opted to blog about it. Writing has always helped me calm down and get my thoughts out. It may one day get me in trouble, but oh well. Today is not that day. At least I hope not. The day is still young..

I'm off to see if I can sort out this mess. I'm just glad it's not MY credit that's being screwed around!

0 comments: