Hot dogs, coke cans, and lighter fluid

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Some friends of ours went camping on Friday night out at Benbrook lake (I had no idea there were campgrounds there! And, they're cheap! And nice! Sweeeeeet) Anyway, we couldn't spend the night because we had stuff to do Saturday morning, but we went out there to hang out, eat, and light stuff on fire.

Here we are smiling. Yippee!


Josh cooking a hot dog


Tanya giving me her best "Mom look" because I was taking her picture. (She's pregnant and due in less than a month, by the way!)


Troy and Scott cooking while Hunter looked on


Margo keeping one of the many dogs there warm


Scott had a bright idea: Let's fill a coke can with lighter fluid and set it on the fire and see what happens (he only filled it halfway)


Putting it on the grill over the fire (we were all standing way back. We aren't THAT stupid..)


Waiting... waiting... We started hearing some boiling noises


Finally, it started catching. The fumes I guess


Then it started flaming higher!


Whoosh!
Aaaaaand then it just went out. Pretty anticlimactic if you ask me. At least it entertained us for about 3 minutes though :) We had fun hanging out and were incredibly jealous of those who stayed to camp. It was PERFECT camping weather! We're planning on going back soon though and I can't wait! Need.To.Camp.Soon

0 comments: