It really annoys me when people get on the elevator and only go up one floor. Yes, this is totally judgemental and quite trivial on my part, but nonetheless, it still makes me want to poke myself in the eye. I realize some people might have health issues and can't climb, and that is fine, but I am of the belief that if you are healthy enough to run to catch an elevator, you are certainly healthy enough to climb one flight of stairs.
I shouldn't be so annoyed by this, and I'm trying to work on it (really!) but I can't help it. It's just one of those small, stupid things that drives me up the wall. Kind of like nails on a chalkboard bug some people, single floor riders bug me. And it happens all.the.time in my building. Today has been ridiculous though.
Apparently, the stairs in my building must be out of order today or something. I got on at the ground floor and someone got on with me. He hits 1. I subconsciously roll my eyes. We go up to 1 and he gets off. Two more people get on and punch 2. Ugh. More subconsciously eye rolling. We go up and they get off at 2 and one more person gets on. He pushes 3. Are you SERIOUS?!?! I think my eyes are going to roll right out of my head! I really think God is testing my patience today.
So, you're probably wondering why I'm all talk and no action. Why didn't I take the stairs myself you ask? Because every rule has an exception, of course, and in this case, I am that exception. No, I'm kidding! It's actually because I'm well above the 1st floor. I'm up on 7, which from the ground floor is 8 flights. I do take the stairs all the way up sometimes (I almost always take them down at night), but I had my arms full today and was in a grumpy mood anyway so I didn't. I always take them if I'm going between our two floors though. Besides with these elevators, it's waaaaay faster to just take the stairs. They're slower a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
And it's undoubtedly safer too. Our elevators are notorious for malfunctioning. It's a wonder I've not gotten stuck in one yet. Which, for the record, would guarantee that I'd never take another elevator again... I have this "thing" with elevators. I don't like them. I have an unnatural fear of plummeting to my death. Or having my head chopped off by the doors closing/dropping. Why my head would be hanging out the doors in order to get chopped off, I have no idea. I haven't thought that far into it.
So there you have it. If you want to get on my last nerve, get on an elevator with me and push the button to go up one floor. And if you want to get punched, pretend like your head is stuck in the doors.
I'm SO tempted to go stick an "out of order" sign on the stairs... SO tempted....

0 comments:
Post a Comment