An AHA moment

Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm going to try an experiment in regards to my anxiety problems... I have noticed that on days where I have caffeine or sugar, I tend to be more anxious and usually need to pop a Xanax. Today, I just happened to find online that the top three dietary triggers for anxiety are Caffeine, Sugar, and Alcohol. AHA! Maybe this is part of the problem!!

So, my experiement is to try to cut out refined sugars and caffeine and see what happens. If I feel fine and have little to no anxiety, then I'm going to try a day where I do eat those things and see what my body's reaction is. Because I haven't been monitoring this, I'm not sure if this is a problem or not. Only one way to find out! Should be interesting. I'm really hoping that this shows me something. It'd be nice to have some sort of "solution" to the problem. Those who know me well know that alcohol makes me make funny faces and want to puke, so that won't be a problem :) The caffeine part won't be too hard, but the sugar... ohhhh boy, the sugar... THAT will be a major hurdle! Anyway, that's my plan for the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Brenda Liniger said...

Sounds like a great plan, I will be anxious (no phun intended) to see what the results are!

The Kinley's said...

I've read that raw veggies are another way to chill out anxiety. My mom suffers from them and she noticed that when she cut out 1 Dt Pepsi a day (that's right I said 1 - she's a soda junkie) and instead at some raw veggies he wasn't so on edge.