We're back from our vacation on Long Beach Island, NJ. It went by WAY too fast!
Thursday was a ridiculously long night! Once we finally got on the plane around 11:00 PM, the captain came on the intercom and said that while they were rapidly cleaning the plane for us to board, someone changed a reading light bulb and forgot to sign off on the log sheet. They tried to track him down, but he'd already left for the night so they had to go find a supervisor to sign it. It took a good 45 minutes for that guy to get there so we just sat.. and waited.... We finally took off and I slept for almost the entire flight there so it wasn't too bad. We landed in Philly around 3:45 AM and then had to drive almost 2 hours to the island. We finally crawled into bed around 6:00 AM as the sun was coming up. We ended up sleeping until about noon that afternoon then got up to start our vacation!
We spent 5 glorious days lounging on the beautiful white sand beaches! Josh even attempted surfing! He did pretty good for a first timer...the waves sucked though so it was tough. This is the first year I didn't get out there and surf. I had planned to on Monday, but I was totally sun-drained and didn't feel like paddling out so I didn't. Besides, I suck so it wasn't a missed sight or anything.
The water was beautiful (74-76 degrees) the entire time and the air was in the 80s and 90s. We only had two days where the flies bugged us, but with bug spray, we were good. (When the wind is out of the West, it blows the flies in from the bay... those little suckers hurt when they bite.. REALLY hurt.) Otherwise, it was absolutely perfect.
It was also nice to spend some time with my parents and my brother. They've all been up there since May (Daniel) and June (parents) so I hadn't seen them in awhile. They'll probably all stay up there until after Labor Day. My parents retired this year and my brother graduated from college, so they want to stay past the start of school :) I'm jealous.
All in all, we had an absolutely fabulous trip. It was a great week, but very very hard to leave. A week is not nearly enough time to spend up there. I'm used to spending weeks at a time there so leaving after only a few days is strange. I'll likely be depressed for the next two weeks. It always happens when I leave there! In the meantime, I'm back at work... doing nothing. It's amazing. I miss 4 days of work and got "caught up" in under 5 minutes. What's wrong with this?!???!?
Oh - I will hopefully know something about my job on the 11th.. We'll see though. Communication has been hard to get around here lately!!
Thursday was a ridiculously long night! Once we finally got on the plane around 11:00 PM, the captain came on the intercom and said that while they were rapidly cleaning the plane for us to board, someone changed a reading light bulb and forgot to sign off on the log sheet. They tried to track him down, but he'd already left for the night so they had to go find a supervisor to sign it. It took a good 45 minutes for that guy to get there so we just sat.. and waited.... We finally took off and I slept for almost the entire flight there so it wasn't too bad. We landed in Philly around 3:45 AM and then had to drive almost 2 hours to the island. We finally crawled into bed around 6:00 AM as the sun was coming up. We ended up sleeping until about noon that afternoon then got up to start our vacation!
We spent 5 glorious days lounging on the beautiful white sand beaches! Josh even attempted surfing! He did pretty good for a first timer...the waves sucked though so it was tough. This is the first year I didn't get out there and surf. I had planned to on Monday, but I was totally sun-drained and didn't feel like paddling out so I didn't. Besides, I suck so it wasn't a missed sight or anything.
The water was beautiful (74-76 degrees) the entire time and the air was in the 80s and 90s. We only had two days where the flies bugged us, but with bug spray, we were good. (When the wind is out of the West, it blows the flies in from the bay... those little suckers hurt when they bite.. REALLY hurt.) Otherwise, it was absolutely perfect.
It was also nice to spend some time with my parents and my brother. They've all been up there since May (Daniel) and June (parents) so I hadn't seen them in awhile. They'll probably all stay up there until after Labor Day. My parents retired this year and my brother graduated from college, so they want to stay past the start of school :) I'm jealous.
All in all, we had an absolutely fabulous trip. It was a great week, but very very hard to leave. A week is not nearly enough time to spend up there. I'm used to spending weeks at a time there so leaving after only a few days is strange. I'll likely be depressed for the next two weeks. It always happens when I leave there! In the meantime, I'm back at work... doing nothing. It's amazing. I miss 4 days of work and got "caught up" in under 5 minutes. What's wrong with this?!???!?
Oh - I will hopefully know something about my job on the 11th.. We'll see though. Communication has been hard to get around here lately!!
The beautiful ocean during loooooow tide
Josh holding a sand shark some kid caught while we were all swimming. Pretty cool!!
Mom and me relaxing
Josh skimboarding
Us at the spot we got engaged at on July 10, 2004. Yeah, you know you're jealous of my sunset over the bay proposal. :)
More pics are posted on Facebook!
1 comments:
I know you don't want to be here but I am super jazzed you are home!
Post a Comment