Work semi-update

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Well, we had our big webcast today. Webcasts are never fun, from the admin perspective that is. Something ALWAYS goes wrong. We had two conference rooms reserved. I was handling one of them. I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to log in on the first time and it brought up the link to the presentation. However, my luck turned sour when I realized there was no sound at all. I tried everything, but alas, it was to no avail. I finally gave up and told the 30+ people in there that I was sorry, but we were going to have to go cram in the other room that was already filled to overflowing to watch.

I decided to try another small room just in case.. same problem! I couldn't for the life of me get the sound to work! So, I went to a third room to try to log in for a few people. Some other dude let me log in, but he was manning the mouse (ANNOYING btw.. if you're not logged in, let the person who IS log in run their own mouse thankyouverymuch) So, he pulls up my email so I can get to the link.. of COURSE, it pops up with the only personal email I have in my inbox. Then, rather than close the reading pane, dingdong keeps scrolling up and down looking for the link, all while my personal email is just sitting there in the reading pane for everyone to read. I wanted to just curl up. I hate it when stuff like that happens. At least I didn't have any personal reminders pop up to top it off! Anyway, we finally got it up and running.. almost 30 minutes into the webcast. There is nothing I hate more than being made out to be the idiot when trying to set up for a webcast. There are always all these smarty pants IT folks sitting around, rolling their eyes (and sometimes making comments amongst themselves) but they never offer to help. I hate it.

Moving on.....

I officially heard that my boss did not get selected for a position. What this means for me, I have no idea yet... They've discussed tentative time lines for decisions on all of the positions that fall under that level but haven't made any mention of admins yet. If I don't hear something soon, I will probably have to ask HR what to expect. I just want to know if I need to start aggressively looking.. internally or externally. I hate how the admins always get left in the dark on everything! I kinda knew something was up because my boss was acting strange. She still hasn't said a word to me about anything. (she's already gone for the day... hey, I would be too in her shoes!!)

That's it for now. I've already met my embarrassment quota for the day so I think I should just call it a day and head home. Anyone else agree?

2 comments:

Brenda Liniger said...

I officially give you permission to leave for the day.

Amber Ayarza said...

I second what Brenda said! That stinks big time....ya know McKinney is always looking for new childcare workers. lol