HOORAY!!!! Those of you who know me well, know that I been dying to get rid of the Green Monster couch/chair combo since the day Josh and I met. Really. That was the first thought I had when we got together. It's just green...and old...and huge...and green.. and yeah. So finally, yesterday, we went to Ethan Allen and bought some new stuff! I am SO excited and can't wait for it to come in, which will be in 6 to 8 weeks.
Ethan Allen does this nice complimentary design service where they come out to your house, look at the setup, measure stuff, and then go back and create some really nice ways for you to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars in their store! It's pretty rad! Ok, so we didn't buy NEARLY everything she put in the designs (which were both FABULOUS by the way) but we did pick one design idea we liked and got a few staples.. A couch, a chair and an end table. We'll build off of that as we go through life. I told Josh it was going to take many many many years. But I'm down with that. Here's what we're getting:
The Couch - It will be in a textured oatmeal color though. Just dark enough to hide stains and cat hair, but still fairly light.
The end table - This matches our coffee table. We'd like 2 eventually, but 2 won't fit in our living room in this house. Have to wait until we upgrade in a few years!
The chair - ours will be in a really pretty chocolate color though. Josh has always wanted a leather chair. In fact, we struck a compromise. I wanted a upholstery couch and he wanted a leather one. He finally said we could get the fabric couch if he got a leather chair. YES! I win!! :) Not that it was a competition... but hey.. I still win ;)
So that was our excitement for the night. Everyone is welcome to come over in 6 to 8 weeks and sit on our couch. It will be fun!
Oh and if anyone else out there is looking for someone to come to their house and try to sell them thousands and thousands of dollars worth of furniture, I highly recommend Sherry at the Ethan Allen by NE Mall. She really is super sweet and does a fabulous job!
Ethan Allen and all it's yummy goodness...
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Posted by Robin at 6/05/2008 04:00:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment