You want me to do WHAT?!?

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I don't enjoy exercise. Don't get me wrong, I love walking and biking and I love being active, but call it "exercise" and I suddenly just want to sit on the couch all day and eat bon bons. That's just how it is. But, I realize now that I'm 27 and sit behind a desk for 10 hours a day, my metabolism just isn't what it used to be so I figure I better really get to it. I don't want to be 50 and weigh 600 lbs with diabetes and heart disease. Just doesn't sound that attractive to me and I'm sure Josh would agree.

So I decided to get some workout videos that I could do on my off Fridays and just anytime that I get the urge to workout. I bought this Dance Cardio DVD that Shape magazine makes. I figure Shape is a decent magazine (especially if you're sitting on the couch eating ice cream and reading it) and dancing sounds like fun and not "exercise" so why not?? It's got 5 segments with different types of dance.. funky, latin, mix, etc....Well, IT'S A KILLER!

I am working from home today so I decided to give it a shot. I tried each of the segments, but literally after about 10 seconds I gave up and ended up sitting on the floor watching them. I just can't get the rhythm down. I'm sure I was a sight to see! I guess if it ain't square dancing, I can't do it! I did this with all 5 segments! What a great workout! HA..

Luckily, they do have a 10 minute "Long and Lean" bonus segment which is basically a bunch of pilates and yoga poses. I tried that and it was hard, but I at least got through most of it. That is when I wasn't laughing at the yoga poses names.. (Downward dog? Goddess? I sure didn't FEEL like a goddess in that pose!) Anyway, my stomach feels tight right now so that's got to be a good sign, right?

I guess I'm going to stick with the yoga and pilates type "exercise". I enjoyed it a little more and I actually got a mini workout. That is when I wasn't cursing the skinny, tan, little model types leading the workout under my breath... :) I keed, I keed...

1 comments:

The Kinley's said...

I'm with you, I HATE to workout, but love to be "active" I do Winsor Pilates and Yoga...well I USED to before little JT. I haven't figured out yet how to work it into my schedule.

But anyway, I always got a toned and thin look from them and for my body found them way more effective than going to the gym and staring a machine...plus they're low impact, not a ton of sweating involved!

Let me know if you want em I'll bring them to church.

Crissy