So I had a bit of a scare yesterday. As some of you may or may not know, I had to go in to the doctor on Friday morning to give blood for a glucose test. I've been getting really really shaky when I get hungry lately and because diabetes runs in my family, the doctor just wanted to check things out and make sure all was good in the world of Robin. Well, seeing as how if there is something to worry about, I will do it, I was of course anxiously very awaiting my results, thinking of all the worst possible situations.
Yesterday afternoon my cell phone rang while I was at work. I didn't recognize the number so I let it go to voicemail, but they didn't leave a message. I started thinking that it kinda looks like a hospital number and since my grandma had a stroke recently and is still kinda out of it, I decided to do a reverse number lookup online just to see if anything came up. Well, it came up as a Diabetes and Endoncrinologist office! Well, instantly my heart dropped into my stomach and my mind goes to my glucose test and I start freaking out that maybe something came up in my test and they are having some other specialist call me!!
I quickly went to an empty conference room so I could have some privacy and called the number back. It took almost 30 minutes to get someone to answer, all the while, I'm going over in my head that everything is going to be ok, regardless of what this is about. FINALLY I get someone to answer and much to my relief she says that she had just dialed the wrong number. PRAISE THE LORD!!!! Seriously though, what are the odds of a Diabetes/Endocrinologist mis-dialing my number while I'm waiting on glucose results?! I really believe it's God's way of telling me to CHILL OUT and that he's in control of everything. Ok, God....got my attention! I get it! Anyway, it took me a good hour to calm myself down after that. I think my heart is slowly pulling itself out of my stomach. Not that it would be the worst thing even if it HAD been a call for me, but of course, it scared me!
Just thought some of y'all would get a kick out of my adventure for the day!
PS - When I got home yesterday, I had a message from my doc on the machine saying that my tests came back good so I have nothing to worry about right now :) Hooray!
I can't think of a title for this post.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Posted by Robin at 6/25/2008 11:30:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
The PS part is the news in the whole blog!
Post a Comment