I dare say that at some point in their lives, most girls have danced with their daddy. I know I did. Granted, my daddy dances were probably different than most (square dancing, waltzing, goof-off dancing) but nonetheless, they were still dances and I had plenty of them! I remember twirling around the floor on his arm, standing on his feet and letting him dance me around, and then there is our own special form of waltzing in which we stand in the same spot, and just move our arms around crazily. When I heard this song for the first time it actually made me cry, and for those who know me well.. I DON'T DO THAT! So, give it a listen! It's worth the time I promise!
Cinderella
Steven Curtis Chapman
She spins and she sways to whatever song plays,
Without a care in the world.
And I'm sitting here wearing, the weight of the world on my shoulders.
It's been a long day and there's still work to do,
She's pulling at me saying "Dad, I need you!
There's a ball at the castle and I've been invited and I need to practice my dancin"
"Oh please, daddy, please!"
So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song
Cuz all too soon, the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone.
She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I approve of her dress
She says "Dad, the prom is just one week away,
And I need to practice my dancin"
"Oh please, daddy, please!"
So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
Cause I know something the prince never knew
Ohh-oh ohh-oh , I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cuz all too soon, the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone.
Well, she'll came home today
With a ring on her finger
Just glowin' and tellin' us all they had planned
She says, "Dad, the wedding's still six months away
And I need to practice my dancing"
"Oh please, daddy, please!"
So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
Cauze I know something the prince never knew
Ohh-oh ohh-oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cuz all too soon, the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone.

1 comments:
I love this song,,,I think it is super sweet and I stop to listen every time it comes on the radio.
Post a Comment