Let the craziness begin!

Monday, May 5, 2008

May is an insane month for me. It has been that way since the beginning of time. In fact, I don't recall a single May that wasn't ridiculously busy. Between weddings, graduations, festivals, and other random craziness, I don't know how we stay sane! Anyway, Josh and I just enjoyed our very last weekend of freedom for the month and now we're buckling up and ready to go!

This coming weekend is Mother's Day/Glen Rose festival. My dad started the festival in... 1980 or 1979 or something like that and I've gone every single year of my life so I couldn't possibly imagine NOT going. I personally think it's a lot of fun, but I may just be biased. If anyone else is going/has gone and thought it sucked.. well... you're just wrong! :) Anyway, we'll be spending the weekend camping, listening to music, swimming in the river, and just plain hanging out. I'm just looking forward to a weekend away even though we'll be surrounded by friends and family. It's also Mother's Day so we'll likely be chillin' with the mamas down there too. I love that our families live nearby.. it makes combining holidays and stuff SO much easier!

The next weekend is also busy! My brother and his wonderful girlfriend are both graduating on Friday morning from DBU so we're headed up there to watch and hopefully embarass them by yelling as they walk the stage. Yippee!! We're such trouble makers. Ok, really, there is NO way Josh will actually yell... he doesn't do embarassing stuff, but I'm sure my dad and/or my sister will happily participate with me!

Later that night, we're finally going to join our church after being there for over 4 years. I guess we're just lazy. In fact, I think my official membership is still with FBCA which I haven't attended since I was a sophomore in high school. Wow, I'm bad at this! Oh well.

THEN Saturday afternoon, we're going to my uncle's wedding. Actually he's my great uncle... and he's in his 80s.. and I didn't even know he had a "girlfriend". I asked my mom about it when I got the invitation (after going "Wait, is this MY Uncle James? Or is this another guy, with the same name, inviting us to his wedding to someone I've never heard of?" for about 20 minutes) and she told me that apparently, since his wife died a few years ago, he's been quite the ladies man. Um. Weird. He was totally devoted to my Aunt Marian, but I guess he just didn't like being alone once she was gone. Ain't no thang, it's just weird!

So that is the first part of our hectic month!

That's all the randomness I can muster up for right now.

0 comments: