Ramblings of a simple mind

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I don't really have anything exciting to post about today so far. I've spent the majority of my morning reading the Word looking for descriptions of the Antichrist. Why, you ask? Because of Barack Obama. Am I saying he IS the Antichrist? No, not necessarily. I am just reading up on it because the more and more I hear about this man, the more disturbing it seems to get. There seem to be some parallels between Obama and the Antichrist. These times are scary for us. Obama has so many people fooled. Even some of my good, strong Christian friends are being fooled by this man and it sickens me. He is a smooth talking, relatively good looking, "christian", is from Muslim descent, came from nothing, and is just downright chilling. I get an uneasy feeling every time I hear the man speak.

I never in my life thought I would say this, but I would rather have Hillary as President over Obama. Josh and I continually joke that if the Dems win the election, we're moving to Australia! :) Anyone else in? Kidding, of course, but the election this year is really frightening. We don't even have a Republican candidate I fully support. Anyway, back to Barack..

I can't put a finger on it exactly, but he just scares me. Is anyone else with me? I have no idea if I am right or wrong and wouldn't claim to be either because I cannot read the Almighty's mind, but I think it's all the more reason to study the Word and strive to be more and more firmly grounded in his Truths.

I would love to do a study on Revelation in the near future. I haven't done one since 8th grade I think so, of course, much of what I learned has been blown off in the wind. Who am I (or any of us) to even think we know the mind of God well enough to know if the end of time and return of Christ is near, but the Word tells us to ready ourselves. I figure if he told those in Biblical times to be ready, when the "end" wasn't going to happen in their lifetime, he definitely means it even moreso for us too!

So that's what's I've been up to since 7:30 am this morning when I arrived at work. With the exception of a few highly important scheduling calls and yes, one game of spider solitaire ;)

Oh and never fear, the lunch order went very smoothly yesterday and the VIPs will be dining on Jason's Deli paninis today. Extravagant, no?

0 comments: