Home again, Home again, Jiggity Jig

Monday, May 12, 2008

We're baaaack! Josh and I had a fantastic time down in Glen Rose this weekend at the Dulcimer Festival. We camped, listened to music, swam in the river, and just hung out with family and some friends. The highlight, I must say, was playing with my cousin's beautiful kids. Nathan is 5, Abigail is 3 and Josiah is 1. Josiah stayed with his mom and dad most of the time, but Josh and I were more than happy to play with the other two! SO.MUCH.FUN! We also got to listen to some fabulous music as well. To top it off, my brother's friend Bobby Duke (he actually lives with my parents) won first in the Texas State Dulcimer contest! Woohoo! Go Bobby! That was pretty exciting since he's only been playing for about a year or two. I will never understand how some people can just pick up an instrument and learn it right away, much less go win a contest! The only contest I am capable of winning is the Texas Liar's contest (which IS a real contest in Glen Rose and I HAVE won before!) I would've entered it this year, but I couldn't come up with any good stories/lies. Maybe next year... I need another Liar's trophy The "Anyone who wants to play get on stage" band getting ready to play for the Saturday night square dance. They were wearing the masks because sometimes the dusts gets REALLY bad during the dances. I thought they looked goofy.



My Dad (white shirt) playing with one of the bands


My dear fruzin Anna's birthday falls right around Glen Rose every year and every year, we have a birthday party for her! I can't believe she's already 12!!!! She's supposed to be 6 still. Oh my, how they grow!!
Michael and Josiah



Abigail and Nathan on the super cool tractor! (I have pictures of myself on this thing when I was their age.. goodness, I'm old!)

HA! I caught him semi-smiling! Josh is cranking up the tractor for Nathan and Abigail




Bobby Duke playing his winner's song after winning 1st place in the Texas State Dulcimer contest.

Bobby Duke receiving his prizes after winning



Now we're just prepping for a super busy week ahead. Aaaand... that's all. I have no important words of wisdom to pass on today.

0 comments: